If you google “Company culture” you will find hundreds of articles outlining the surest way to foster a strong and healthy company culture. Culture can be difficult to understand because it is less about what is seen and more about what is felt. Forbes describes it well, saying culture is “the environment that surrounds us all the time.” Forbes goes on to define company culture as the values, behaviors, beliefs, attitudes and shared visions held within the workplace.
Here at WIN, we are intentional about investing in our culture and employees, whether they work remotely or in-office, to ensure they feel welcome, engaged, inspired, valued and productive. To help foster a healthy working environment, WIN has twenty-nine “WIN Ways” that connect us to each other with a set of values and practices that we live each day. They help us prioritize projects, motivate us to work hard, give back to our community, choose a positive attitude and provide exceptional customer service.
Together, our WIN Ways help make WIN an organization that is reliable, knowledgeable, professional, welcoming, exciting to join, community focused, and friendly.
Knowledgeable, Stable, Collected and Reliable
- Be Process Oriented: Turn strong processes into habits to achieve measurable and consistent results.
- Be a Mentor: Help others learn. Take responsibility to coach, guide, teach and mentor others.
- Get Clear on Expectations: Create clarity and avoid misunderstanding by discussing expectations upfront.
- Strive for Knowledge: Demonstrate a hunger for knowledge and lifelong learning.
- Be Willing to Sweep the Floors: Do ordinary things with extraordinary consistency.
Professional and Loyal
- Do What’s Right for the Customer: There’s no greater way to build a reputation than to exceed customer expectations.
- Do the Right Thing Always: Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing in every decision you make.
- Honor Commitments: There’s no better way to earn trust than to be true to your word.
- Make Quality Personal: Take pride in the quality of everything you touch and do.
- Focus on Solutions: You get what you look for. Look for solutions.
- Think and Act Like an Owner: Make decisions by asking yourself, “What would I do if this were my company?”
- Speak Straight: Speak honestly and respectfully in a way that helps make progress.
- Treasure, Protect, and Promote Our Reputation: Be a proud ambassador for the company.
Welcoming, Bright and Refreshing
- Collaborate: Strive to include others and work together toward mutual success.
- Walk in the Other Person’s Shoes: Think from another’s perspective. Treat them the way they want to be treated.
- Be Curious: Dig deeper to go beyond the expected.
- Keep Things Fun: Don’t take things personally or take yourself too seriously.
Exciting and Unique
- “Bring It” Every Day: Make the most of each day by approaching every task with enthusiasm.
- Take Initiative: Don’t wait to be led. Be proactive.
- Be Positive: Spread optimism and positive energy.
- Go the Extra Mile: It’s the extra mile that separates the ordinary from the extraordinary.
Growth and Community Oriented
- Make a Difference: Contribute to your community and participate in organizations and events.
- Embrace Diversity: Welcome our differences. The more perspectives we have the better.
- Embrace Change and Growth: Be excited by the possibilities that change and growth bring.
Warm, Friendly and Inviting
- Be Humble: Actions speak louder than words.
- Listen Generously: Be present and engaged. Above all, listen to understand.
- Think Team First: Be there for each other and be willing to step in and help.
- Show Meaningful Appreciation: Extend meaningful acknowledgement and appreciation – in all directions throughout WIN.
- Create a Tone of Friendliness and Warmth: Pay attention to every interaction and be sure you’re setting a tone of friendliness, warmth and helpfulness.