This depends on distance. Fiber and wavelengths will have the lowest latency of any network technology but will still be bound by the laws of physics to determine how long a transmission will take between two end points. Your network engineer can determine the answer to the question based on the distance traveled.
Why Choose Optical Wavelengths from WIN?
WIN Technology has implemented wavelength services for a wide variety of organizations across many industries.
Benefits of working with WIN for Optical Wavelengths include:
- Avoid network downtime that negatively affects your employees and business operations.
- Experience faster data transfer and reduced latency that improves business application performance.
Save Costs with Consolidation
- Because multiple data streams travel on the same fiber, it reduces the number of cables required.
- WIN engineers can configure wavelengths that will reduce the need to deploy multiple optical fibers for their connectivity needs.
Enhance Data Security
- Separation of data streams by wavelengths adds an extra layer of security.
- Faster backup and recovery because your business can quickly duplicate and store critical data in offsite locations. Backup routes and redundancy ensure data remains accessible and business operations can be back up and running with minimal disruption.
Frequently Asked Questions
Market pricing is based on speed and location.
Our service area spans the entire WIN network, which covers much of Wisconsin, and Iowa and portions of Minnesota, Illinois and Michigan.
Wavelengths are inherently more secure than other network technology because the services are physically separated by different frequencies of light that do not overlap.
WIN provides technical support and troubleshooting escalation for all network services to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner. Monitoring is also used to proactively know when issues happened instead of being reactive.
Any network service can be converted to wavelength because it is only light without a protocol applied to it.
Choosing a Network Provider for Manufacturers
5 Signs Your Company Needs More Bandwidth
The Benefits of Choosing a Network Provider Offering DWDM
Working With Us
What to expect from a strategic partnership with WIN Technology
Our process is collaborative from the start. As we discuss your expectations, we communicate openly, and we keep the promises we make.
Through our discovery process, we seek to build an accurate understanding of your needs so that a sound and mutually understandable promise can be made.
Right-Sizing the Effort
The elements of your proposal are refined as your needs become clear. This ensures alignment on the anticipated value of what we commit to deliver to you.
As we engage in the project, we monitor and discuss status, performance, changes and improvements through our established delivery and communication practices.
Partnering for the Future
Throughout our partnership, as we keep the promises we have made to you, we enrich the value of services with a continuous focus on practical next steps.